Thursday 3 January 2013

Christmas Holidays

0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
For christmas my sister knows me so well, so she got me the twilight DVD set as its my favourite film, so I thought I could talk about how the representation of vampires being portrayed differently to the typical stereotype.

The typical vampire is dangerous and rather creepy looking, although in Twilight they are represented as the complete opposite. 


There are no similarities here, showing media has re-transformed the stereotype of vampires, portraying them as good people, as the main vampire family in the film do not harm humans, also making them all very attractive; making them people who you generally learn to like.




Also, the genre of the film clearly contrasts with the stereotype of vampires as they are usually involved in films such as horror...

_________________________________________________________________________________


MOVIE TIME AT HOME 


Looking on the media blog through the movies we could watch throughout the christmas holidays I thought I'd choose 'The Shining' as I don't usually watch horror, so I thought I could focus on how horrors are so scary, and how editing projects this. Although I did regret it half way through when I found myself buried beneath my duvet...

TRAILER




We are first introduced to the film as a normal family living a normal life but as the film progresses we see a complete change, I think the camera shots and mis en scene really do enhance the horror in the film as it completely contrasts to the story line we are firstly exposed to, a normal one....
Everything seems to be backwards in this film, which adds to its brilliance, for example this clip shows how backwards things are presented, the women is on a higher level than her husband although she is the vulnerable one in this situation, usually someone who has more control in a situation is positioned on a higher level, also shot reverse shot allows us to position us as the audience in her shoes, allowing us to be involved in the film a little bit more. 


I also noticed the famous shot of the 180 degree rule being completely ignored, although I believed it worked very well, especially in this film as it is full of surprises, the reason for the 180 degree rule is to avoid the audience from getting confused, but the reason for not including this is for the audience to be confused, as the whole story line diverse from a dream and from reality, making the breakage of the rule very effective. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment